Monday, June 28, 2010

A Lesson From the Fro of Bob Ross










I know many of you can probably remember watching Bob Ross on PBS, actually I watched him just the other week. Bob Ross really had the ability to paint nature scenes that you could stare at for hours. He is possibly know for his popular phrase "happy trees" which he says as he was places towering trees on canvas. Still to this day I sit and watch him with amazement that creating something so beautiful could be so simple. I find myself going back and forth in amazement and also anticipation of wanting to see the finished product. But as always I sit and watch till that white mans Afro turns around with words of encouragement to attempt what he just painted. Then you see it... the complete picture... what Sir Bob Ross has been working toward the whole time. Then that moment of satisfaction comes... you see the towering snow capped mountains, the river, the morning dew resting slightly above the river, the fluffy clouds in the sky, and the happy little cabin over to the left corner. You finally see what he wanted to create the whole time!

I had the opportunity to experience that moment in a different matter yesterday. One of my "College Roommates" became more developed as a work of God. Not finished, but refined. Gods painting on his life became more clear. The tools that he has been given have been developed as a specific skill set for this time in his life. I could not agree more with the body of believers and the senior pastor that support him. I don't think I have ever experienced or felt the vibe of when so many people are in agreeance, but when it was brought forth to the congregation the spirit of overwhelming support just rested in the sanctuary. Which just means more paint was added to the pallet and the picture became bigger.

God worked and developed him to what he has been called to be all along. God equipped him with the tools for this season. which is a boat load of encouragement to me. Overwhelming joy for my brother because I've seen him through some tough times, but all that was the background for the masterpiece that is being (present tense) created. The spiritual tools (gifts) and skill set are different than The "tools" I've been given are paint to my pallet, but God showed me through this moment I will Begin to see a picture more defined in my life than ever before. The thing I've got to remember is no two paintings are alike.
- Jimmy



No comments: